This month, in recognition of our site’s opening, we’ve decided to combine December Advent with a fun “Get to Know Our Designers” event. Each day, you’ll get a chance to learn about one of the amazing members of our Design Team.
It’s Day Three, and it’s time to learn more about Kim Broedelet (who many of you also know as KimB Designs). She’s got a soft and shabby design style that we know you will adore, and her products are known for being gorgeous and romantic.
5 FUN FACTS
- I did acrobatics when I was younger, and am still rather supple in my old age; these moves usually come out as party tricks after a few glasses of wine. LOL
- I held down three casual jobs while studying full time to put myself through Varsity to get my Textile design degree.
- I lived in Argentina (Buenos Aires) for over a year, and had to go back to school to learn Spanish (which is so rusty now, due to not being used).
- I have a mild OCD “have to clean my teeth” problem… let’s just say I even have a spare toothbrush and toothpaste in the car.. LOL
- I met my hubby while camping with my folks at Bushmans River when I was 16 (married him at 22). My son met his now long-term girlfriend in the same place when she was 16, too. Sort of ironic and very much a feeling of déjà vu.
5 FAVORITE THINGS
- Book/author: I’m a Dean Koontz, Stephan King, Robin Cook don’t miss a book girl, but will read anything except love story/sagas. I’m a thriller/sci-fi/suspense girl.
- Actor: I love all the “oldies but goodies” – Sean Connery, Morgan Freeman, George Clooney…
- TV Show: The Walking Dead… hubby can’t handle it, so I watch it on my own as sort of a guilty pleasure and in peace… LOL
- Product I can’t live without: my lip Ice (or chapstick as you call it)… and of course my toothbrush… HAHAHA
- Quote/saying: “If you worry you die, if you do not worry you still die, so why worry?”
MY FAVORITE PRODUCT
If you love Kim’s products and would like a chance to win one free kit from her shop… leave a comment here on this post and let us know what you love, and why you love it! At the very end of our 2014 December Advent series later this month, we’ll randomly choose one winner from all comments!