This month, in recognition of our site’s opening, we’ve decided to combine December Advent with a fun “Get to Know Our Designers” event. Each day, you’ll get a chance to learn about one of the amazing members of our Design Team.
For Day Two, you get a chance to know Dawn of Dawn by Design a little better! She’s got a really clean, sophisticated (and yet artsy!) design style that we know you will love, and her products are often filled with unique handwritten words and phrases, paint brushes, splats, and other fun hand-crafted elements.
5 FUN FACTS
- I can twirl a baton. I have never been a baton twirler in any official capacity. I spent all of one summer in middle school learning with my cousin, but when school started I found out you also had to be in band to be a twirler. My dad said no to the whole thing since I wasn’t actually interested in learning an instrument.
- Two of my (five) children were born at home.
- I am halfway through reading the Christian bible, Catholic canon. I’m slated to finish in June by reading one of those bible-in-a-year books that has daily readings.
- I took synchronized swimming in college. It’s very hard, y’all.
- I met my husband when I was 19 years old and we married 9 months later, while still in college. New Year’s Eve is our anniversary and this year marks our 18th.
5 FAVORITE THINGS
- My favorite food is food. Just food.
- My favorite dessert is a nice, fudgy brownie. With a cold glass of milk. Wait. Did I say “a” brownie? I meant All The Brownies.
- My favorite book is Pride and Prejudice.
- My favorite place to shop is online. And that’s a remote second. My first favorite is to not have to shop at all.
- The one product I can’t live without is Chapstick. And people around here always be taking my Chapstick.
MY FAVORITE PRODUCT
My favorite product is Right Now because of my clocks. I love the clocks.
If you love Dawn’s products and would like a chance to win one free kit from her shop (excluding collabs)… leave a comment here on this post and let us know what you love, and why you love it! At the very end of our December Advent series later this month, we’ll randomly choose one winner from all comments!