This month, in recognition of our site’s opening, we’ve decided to combine December Advent with a fun “Get to Know Our Designers” event. Each day, you’ll get a chance to learn about one of the amazing members of our Design Team.
It’s Day Four, and today you get to learn more about Mari Koegelenberg. She’s got a whimsical, hand-illustrated design style that we know you will love, and her products are known for being colorful, fun, and just uniquely Mari!
5 FUN FACTS
- I have one blue and one green eye, it becomes more noticeable depending on my mood.
- I studied animal husbandry in college, because I was gonna have my own horse farm when I grow up. One day, one day! 😉
- I have a double jointed thumb and I can do serious mind-boggling stuff with it.
- I held a wild squirrel in my hands once… and it bit me. I still have the scar. On my middle finger (LOL… this one is for you Laura!).
- I was a certified diver, got my certification while diving in the beautiful Red Sea (Dahab) in Egypt.
5 FAVORITE THINGS
- Reading… literally anything; I devour books!
- WOW and the new expansion Warlords of Draenor (this is such a guilty pleasure!).
- My espresso machine and the fantastic coffee it makes…I went without it for 5 whole days and it was the worst 5 days ever.
- My crafting corner
MY FAVORITE PRODUCT
At the Farmer’s Market with Nicole; it was 3 years in the making but so happy we finally did it!
If you love Mari’s products and would like a chance to win one free kit from her shop… leave a comment here on this post and let us know what you love, and why you love it! At the very end of our 2014 December Advent series later this month, we’ll randomly choose one winner from all comments!