Everyone is at a different skill level when it comes to taking photos, but no matter how many skills we posses, we always strive for more. More knowledge, more inspiration, more mojo to try something new. Here’s that little push you didn’t even know you were waiting for. It’s time do some spring cleaning…of the mind. Get out of the darkness of winter and into the spring light. Grab your camera and try something new. Try that technique or skill you’ve been meaning to try for months now, or look up something new. Either way, it’s springtime and that means a fresh look at things. It’s time to really flourish in your photography.
I’ve been meaning to try to make an enchanted book photo, and this is the perfect time to give me a push. I can’t wait to see what you all come up with, not only your photos, but how you scrap them as well.
Having trouble thinking of something? Here are a few ideas to get started, but don’t feel limited to this list- anything goes.
- Shoot at a wide aperture
- Capture motion
- Shoot a macro shot
- Try a new editing style
- Change your perspective or frame of reference
Now for the rules:
- Scrap a page using a photo that you’ve taken with a new-to-you photo skill.
- Pages must be created using 100% TDP Products and loaded in the gallery no later than midnight EST on April 30, 2015.
- Leave a Comment in this thread with your gallery image/link.
- Link your Comment in this thread in your spot in the Monthly Challenge Tracker Thread. You can find it here: April’s Tracking Thread.
About the Author: Farrah Jobling is a member of the Creative Team here at The Digital Press. She lives in Denver with her amazing family, Mike, Nicholas (8), Claire (5) and Hope (7 mo puppy). She works from home as a photographer and enjoys scrapping her personal photos.